Become a member
Most construction professionals employed in Finland belong to the Finnish Construction Trade Union. Union members include carpenters and other building construction workers, employees engaged in civil engineering projects, workers in the painting and decorating, flooring and asphalting trades, construction product industry employees, building technology professionals and waterproofers.
There are three ways to become a member:
- Online, via the electronic service portal. * A summary of your application will be sent to the email address you gave. If you do not receive confirmation, please check your junk e-mail folder.
- By completing, printing and returning the member application [pdf]
(the form includes completion instructions)
- by ordering a membership form to be posted to your home address.
*) We recommend joining electronically.
This way, your membership card will arrive more quickly at the address you provide, and you can begin accessing your member benefits.
Payment of the membership fee
- The membership fee is generally collected by the employer.
- Alternatively, if your employer does not collect the membership fee from your salary, you can pay it yourself.
Membership fee in the union is 25 €/month, starting 1.1.2022.
As a member of the Finnish Construction Trade Union, you will quickly receive help and advice regarding terms of employment or any problems or conflicts. Membership also provides other valuable benefits.
Order a membership form
Please fill in the form below carefully and send it to the Finnish Construction Trade Union. On the basis of the information submitted we will send you additional information and the form for joining the Union. The membership can be considered to start on the date the application was received. The membership cannot start retroactively (see the unemployment fund membership guidelines by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health).