Become a member
Most construction professionals employed in Finland belong to the Finnish Construction Trade Union. Union members include carpenters and other building construction workers, employees engaged in civil engineering projects, workers in the painting and decorating, flooring and asphalting trades, construction product industry employees, building technology professionals and waterproofers.
There are three ways to become a member:
- Online, via the electronic service portal. * A summary of your application will be sent to the email address you gave. If you do not receive confirmation, please check your junk e-mail folder.
- By completing, printing and returning the member application [pdf]
(the form includes completion instructions)
- by ordering a membership form to be posted to your home address.
*) We recommend joining electronically.
This way, your membership card will arrive more quickly at the address you provide, and you can begin accessing your member benefits.
Payment of the membership fee
- The membership fee is generally collected by the employer.
- Alternatively, if your employer does not collect the membership fee from your salary, you can pay it yourself.
As a member of the Finnish Construction Trade Union, you will quickly receive help and advice regarding terms of employment or any problems or conflicts. Membership also provides other valuable benefits.