A member can log in into the electronic service portal and use it for handling certain changes and fees pertaining to him-/herself.
In the Henkilötiedot (Personal Information) section of the electronic service portal you can update the following information:
- your first name and last name
- your street address
- your postal code and municipality/town
- your landline and mobile telephone numbers
- your e-mail address
By updating your personal information, you can ensure that you will receive the Union’s electronic newsletters, too.
The electronic service portal makes calculation and payment easier for persons who pay their membership fees themselves
The most common payment method for membership fees is to have the employer collect them.
Members who pay their membership fees themselves can use the membership fee calculator in the electronic service portal and proceed from there directly to their online banking service.
Notification of exemption from membership fees can be submitted through the electronic service portal
In the Jäsenmaksut (Membership Fees) section of the electronic service portal, you can submit a notification if you are temporarily exempted from membership fees (see Chapter 6 of the Union’s rules). The reasons available are:
- unemployment (Kela’s labour market support / basic daily allowance)
- military service
- maternity leave
- acting as a care-giving relative
- paternity leave
- child-care leave
Through the electronic service portal, the exemption from membership fees will be updated directly to the membership register.
The electronic service portal automatically checks the following:
- The duration of a single exemption period may not exceed one year.
- You can enter an exemption for the previous, current or next year.
- There is a four (4) year counter that deducts working periods from the total and restarts from the beginning after membership fees have been paid for six (6) months – if the limit of four (4) years is approaching, the system prompts you to contact a regional office or the membership service of the Finnish Construction Trade Union.
Keep the certificate in case of unemployment or need for legal aid. Certificates of the reason for and period of the exemption from membership fees are not required to be submitted to the regional offices, but a member should keep any documents related to the exemption. If you become unemployed or seek legal aid, you can use the documents as proof of when the exemption took place.
The notification about the exemption from membership fees can be submitted in the online electronic service portal, by telephone, when visiting the Union’s office or by using the form published in Rakentaja magazine. Once filled in and signed, the form is to be submitted to the nearest regional office or mailed to the membership register of the Finnish Construction Trade Union.
Earnings-related daily allowance applications and payment information can be reviewed through the electronic service portal
In the Työttömyyskassa (Unemployment Fund) section of the electronic service portal you can submit both the first and subsequent applications for earnings-related daily allowance to the unemployment fund. In addition, you can submit appendices for the earning-related daily allowance application. In the status information you can review the status information related applications and benefits paid.